"MARIA, KABAN NG TIPAN, IPANALANGIN MO KAMI!" Isa ito sa inuusal natin sa Litanya ng Mahal ng Birhen, sa tuwing tayo ay nagdarasal ng banal na Rosaryo.
Bakit kaya tayong mga nasa TUNAY NA IGLESIA ay sinasabing KABAN NG BAGONG TIPAN ay si MARIA? Narito ang kasagutan mula sa CATHOLIC360 na sinulat ni SHAILA D TOUCHTON Agosto-11-2016
|Photo Credit: Flickr/PROWaiting For The Word|
Mother Mary is the biggest obstacle and denial for most of Protestants because of a distorted the doctrine, misinterpretation of the scriptures and misunderstanding of Mother Mary. Mary is the Mother of Jesus and hence Mary is the Mother of God. We know that within the body of the Lord Jesus Christ, the fullness of God dwells. (Colossians 2:9).Hence Mother Mary is a God bearer or Mother of God.
In the Old Testament, the Ark of the Covenant, overshadowed by the Spirit of God, was the instrument through which God came to dwell among men. In the New Testament, Mary, overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and was the instrument through which God came to dwell among men. Hence Mother Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant. We also know from Genesis 3:15 that God promises to defeat Satan through a woman” and “her seed.” And the woman is no one but Mother Mary and the seed was our Lord Jesus Christ. The woman of Genesis 3:15 is same as the women of Revelation 12.
1. In Old Testament we know that
David was afraid of the Lord that day, and he said, "How can the ark of the Lord come to me?" (2 Samuel 6:9) can be compared in the New Testament when Elizabeth says to Mary: And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? (Luke 1:43)
2. The Old Ark was the dwelling place of God in the Old Covenant (Exodus 40:34), so the New Ark, the Virgin Mary, is the dwelling place of God in the New Covenant (Luke 1:35).
3. In the Old Testament the Ark of the Old Covenant was “overshadowed” by the power and presence of God (Exodus 40:34 -35) and in the New testament, the Virgin Mary was “overshadowed” by the power and presence of the Most High (Luke 1:35).
4. In the Old Testament when the Ark of the Covenant is brought before David, he danced when he saw the Ark of the Covenant in (2 Samuel 6:14) and he was wearing linen ephod which is a priestly vestment. In the New Testament we know John the Baptist belongs to priestly line of Aaron. John Baptist(Baby) leaped in her womb hearing the Ark of the Covenant (Luke 1:41) .
4.In the Old Testament, after David dances before the Ark of the Covenant, the ark remains three months (2 Samuel 6:11) and likewise in New Testament Baby John the Baptist leaped in his mother's womb at hearing Mary, and she remains three months in their presence (Luke 1:56).
5. In the Old Testament the ark traveled to the house of Obed-edom in the Hill country of Judea(2 Sam.6:1-11) and in the New testament we know that Mary traveled to the house of Elisabeth and Zechariah in the Hill country of Judea ( Luke 1:39).
6. In the Old Testament David shouts in the presence of the ark(2 Sam.6:15) and in the New Testament Elizabeth exclaimed with a loud cry in the presence of Mary (Luke 1:42).
7. In the Old Testament, the house of Obed-edom was blessed by the presence of the ark.(2 Sam 6:11) and in the New testament the word is used 3 times and the house is surely blessed by God ( Luke 1:39-45).
8. In the Old Testament, the ark returns to its home and ends up in Jerusalem, where God's presence and glory is revealed in the temple.( 2 Sam6:12,1Kings8:9-11) and in the New Testament,Mary returns home and eventually ends up in Jerusalem, where she presents God,the incarnate in the temple ( Luke 1:56,Luke2:21-22).
9. In the Old Testament, The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut 10:1-4) and In the New Testament the Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) which means Mary carried the Word of God.
10. In the Old Testament, The Ark of the Old Covenant contained the written word of God (Deut. 10:5) and In the New Testament the Virgin Mary contained the Word of God made flesh, Jesus (John. 1:1).
11. In the Old Testament, The Ark contained the manna from the desert ( Hebrews 9:4) and in The New Testament Mary contained the manna from Heaven which is our Lord Jesus( John 6:48-51).
Woman in Revelation 12 is not Israel But Virgin Mary:
1. In New Testament Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
Here the woman ‘clothed’ with the Sun, moon and stars represents Mother Mary, and her child is Christ. There is no indication in Scripture anywhere that the Nation Israel gives birth to the Son who is the messiah. Everything here is individual and reality nothing symbolic.
And In Old Testament, in Isaiah 7:14 which says” Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel”. Here too clearly the Bible says the only person who gives birth to Jesus is Mary not Israel. When we look at the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, we will not find a single reference to Israel either being a ‘woman’.
2. In New Testament, Rev 12:2: And being with child, she cried travailing in birth, and was in pain to be delivered is same as Isaiah 66:7 “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son.
3. Rev 12:3-9. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
We see here this "red dragon" Is Satan which is individual. those who are fighting against the dragon are Michael and the angels they are too individuals and real.
John speaks also of a dragon who is seeks to destroy the child, and goes to war against the angels of God (Rev 3-4 and Rev 7-9).
Again clearly here the child is Jesus, and the Woman is Mother Mary and Michael is real angel and the angels and as the Devil is real Satan. There are no symbols. Still it is reality.
4. Gen. 3is parallel to Rev. 12. The devil is at war both with the woman of Genesis 3:15, and the woman in Revelation 12 who bore a Son. The seed of the ‘woman’ in Genesis 3:15 as Jesus. And the woman is Mother Mary who will be at war with the Devil. This fits perfectly again the Revelation 12 where the woman is at war with the devil. The Woman of Genesis 3 is not Israel but Mother Mary. Paul spoke of the seed born of a woman (Gal. 4:4), and John told of the woman clothed with the sun who brought forth the manchild (Rev 12:1). Both depict the birth of Christ not Israel. The woman is battling with the dragon, or Satan, she has some offspring who are at war with the devil. Revelation 12 indicates that those Christians, who bear testimony to Jesus, also are Mary’s offspring. Those who bear testimony to Jesus are christians who have Mary as their Mother. That is clear Biblical truth.