Thursday, July 11, 2013

Limang Malalaking Hakbang Papunta sa Iglesia ni Cristo - Kwento ng Pagbabalik-loob ni Beverly J. Lebold

Narito na naman po ang isang napakagandang kwento ng pagbabalik-loob ng isang dating Protestante pabalik sa tunay na Iglesia ni Cristo.

Ms. Beverly J. Debold
My life as a Protestant

In 1969, I lived with my husband and children facing Court Street Christian Church directly across the street. It was like a magnet drawing me back to memories of my childhood going to Sunday School at the Methodist church with my sister. I wanted my children to grow up with a knowledge of the Lord and to be part of a church family, as I was in those early years. After a few months of regular attendance at the church across the street, I committed my life to the Lord and joined a neighborhood Bible study, which led to four years in Bible Study Fellowship. Then I discovered Women’s Aglow Fellowship (now Aglow International) and leaped into the fire of the Holy Spirit.

Thirty years later, when our last daughter, Jessica, was in high school, she and I joined an Assemblies of God Church, which at that time was enjoying a period of revival, particularly among the youth. She, too, caught fire and set her heart toward the mission field. For me, the large AG church never quite felt like home, so after she went off to college, I settled happily into a sweet, little neighborhood Wesleyan Church. Regardless of where I attended church, Aglow was where my spiritual life was energized, where leadership skills were taught, where gifts of the spirit moved freely, and where national and international conferences kept the vision alive. I took on various positions of leadership at the local and area level, but my heart belonged to Aglow’s prison ministry, in which I served twenty years...
Ituloy ang pagbabasa rito...

No comments: